• HomePage

  • Our programs

  • Your region does math and info

     

    What is it?

    « Votre région fait des maths et de l’info » is a call for projects in outreach in mathematics and/or computer science launched on October 15 each year. A number of associations are working to promote mathematics and computing to secondary school pupils, students and the general public in the South of France region, as illustrated by the activity provided here. The aim is to help them realize their projects. Each selected project can expect to receive support of between 1000 and 4000 euros.

    Eligibility of projects

    Eligible projects for the year N call for projects are those carried out between 01/01 and 31/12 of year N+1. They must involve the dissemination, animation or mediation of mathematics and/or information technology. Projects must be carried out by an entity or association based in the South Ile de France region (departments 78-91-92-94).

    Please note: even if some of these associations operate on the Paris-Saclay campus, those with a national vocation (such as Animath, for example) are invited to apply to the Fondation Blaise Pascal's call for projects, which supports all mathematics and computer science mediation projects on a national scale.

    However it is possible for one of these associations to apply for one-off support for a scientific mediation event organized within the Paris-Saclay area (for example, the MATh.en.JEANS conference). These grants are awarded on an ad hoc basis by the FMJH, and applications should be submitted here .

     

    Selection criteria

    Candidate projects are examined by a jury, then funding decisions are made by the FMJH steering committee. The criteria applied by the jury are as follows:

    • Scientific content,

    • Quality of project participants,

    • Target audience.

    The grant

    75% of the grant will be paid on signature of the agreement. The remaining 25% will be paid on submission of a concise report after completion of the funded project. For a project selected in year N, any expenditure with an effective date between 01/01 and 31/12 of year N+1.

     

    How to submit your application

    Applications can be submitted online by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page from October 8.

    The timetable is then as follows:

    • Deadline for applications: midnight November 5,

    • Transmission of decisions to project sponsors: from November 21,

    • Agreements signed: in December.

     

    To apply