The program is being renewed and extended in 2017, as Orange and Thales are joining PGMO. The new PGMO covers Optimization, Operations Research and their interactions with data sciences.
A new kind of research program
The PGMO is a new type of corporate patronage whose aim is to foster, liven up a mathematical community of researchers coming from academia and industry, working in the field of optimization and operation research from academic themes to industrial issues.
This program will permit :
- to increase scientific exchanges between academic and industrial researchers (seminars, training, researchers invited positions…)
- to support teaching and research in optimization and operations research
- to promote job offers in private companies for students trained in optimization.
Themes of the program
- continuous optimization (convex and non-convex, non-smooth…),
- optimization of large systems (decomposition-coordination methods,…),
- combinatorial optimization and operations research, optimization with uncertainty (stochastic, robust, stochastic optimal control…),
- global optimization (relaxation, approximation,semi-algebraic programing, stochastic algorithms…),
- connected fields : artificial intelligence (learning…), statistical learning, risk management, uncertainties analysis…
The Research Initiative on « Optimization and Energy » (IROE) is dedicated to the topic of optimization for energy management.